In our experience, most home owners make that decision when it’s time to replace their water heater or furnace. But in doing so, other benefits of having a natural gas hook-up often go unnoticed, such as:
- Gas powered clothes dryers are more energy efficient than electric clothes dryers, and that means even greater energy savings than you’d achieve, for example, by switching from an electric to a gas water heater.
- You can do away with the nuisance of running out of propane in mid-barbecue by connecting your gas grill to a dedicated line.
- All the great chefs – and wannabe great chefs – prefer cooking with gas. More specifically, 96% of chefs prefer cooking with a gas stove while 68% prefer gas over electric ovens. The major benefits, they claim, are greater control and faster cook times.
- Natural gas helps conserve oil, even when you don’t have oil heat. That’s because most of America’s electrical power plants depend on oil to generate electricity.
Here’s one more advantage you may not have considered. With natural gas coming into your home, you also would have the option of converting to a tankless water heater system. Here’s what makes that a rewarding and highly practical move:
- Unlimited supply of hot water with the right-sized system
- Reduced energy costs since there’s no water to be heated in a storage tank
- Hot water on demand
- More storage or floor space since tankless water heaters are wall-mounted, and can even be mounted outdoors
- Longer system lifespan
- Fewer working parts means fewer repair issues, too
To learn more about how a tankless water heater can benefit you and your family while increasing your home’s resale value, contact Eagle Service Company today.