Obviously those folks don’t have ‘Bama or Auburn football (along with our many other college and high school teams) to help keep them warm with the sheer week-to-week excitement of it all. And yet as lucky as we are here in Alabama, college football can’t repair a problem heating system.
That’s why, in between all the hoopla and game day tailgating, it’s a good idea to carve out a minute or two to schedule pre-season preventative maintenance to help keep your heating system in top working order.
Here at Eagle Service Company, we perform multi-step cleanings and inspections that include these vital steps:
- Visually inspect capacitors for leakage and rust
- Inspect blower wheel
- Check and calibrate thermostat as required
- Inspect burner ignition system and assembly
- Inspect gas burners
- Check temperature rise across heat exchanger for overheating
- Inspect heat exchanger for soot, corrosion, cracks and deformities
- Inspect gas valve for corrosion, leaks, restriction of gas flow and abnormal noise
- Inspect entire system for loose or worn parts and abnormal vibrations
- Test and adjust the unit for peak operating efficiency
And that’s just part of the process, one that focuses not just on operating efficiency, but your family’s well-being and safety, as well.
So in between checking the latest scores and planning your next college football Saturday, why not give us a call and schedule something no less important: annual preventative maintenance for your heating system, performed by the home heating pros at Eagle Service Company.