Whether your home is a beautifully restored colonial, a raised ranch, or a newly built contemporary, sooner or later repairs will be needed. While many will be minor and perhaps even of the DIY variety, others are likely to carry a significant price tag, one you may or may not be prepared for at the time.
So, just as you set aside money each month for family vacations, college savings, and retirement, it’s also a good idea to put some aside for routine home repairs and maintenance – we suggest between 1% and 3% of your home’s purchase price – so when something breaks down or needs to be updated, you’ll be far better prepared to take the necessary corrective measuress. Here are 6 common home repairs your repair fund can help make easier to swallow:
- Roof Damage – Poor design, ice dams, and age all can result in damage to roof shingles. Repairing or replacing a few shingles is a lot less costly than replacing an entire roof, so make sure you inspect your roof several times a year.
- Deck or Patio Maintenance – Typical maintenance includes power washing, painting, staining, and repairing/replacing broken floor boards or stone.
- Drywall Repairs – Whether Junior decided to practice his golf swing in the living room or your photo collage didn’t quite work out the way you hoped, eventually you’ll need to patch some holes in your drywall.
- Plumbing Leaks – That annoying drip from the kitchen faucet, the phantom flush from the toilet, and all other plumbing leaks need to be tended to as soon as they start to help conserve water and prevent further damage.
- Replacing Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fans are an inexpensive and efficient way to cool off during hot summer days. But eventually, the motor will burn out and the blades warp, requiring you to replace it with a new and perhaps more stylish model.
- Repairing Cracked Tile – While strong and durable, it’s not uncommon for tile to crack. Hopefully, you have some extra pieces laying around as it might be hard to find an exact match, especially for older tile.
Not only can Eagle Service Company help you with all your home plumbing, heating, and cooling needs, but you also can count on a guaranteed upfront price. That way, you know the price before we start the job so there are no unpleasant surprises later on. Plus, we guarantee your complete satisfaction with our work. Contact us today for needed repairs or a quote on a new or replacement home comfort system.