A ductless air system (heat pump) is a dual heating and cooling system that functions without the use of ducts.
Ductless systems have outside condensing units, just like central air systems. But instead of pumping conditioned through air ducts, ductless units pump it directly to one or more wall-mounted blowers. A single ductless condensing unit, in fact, can support up to five such blowers.
How might ductless air serve your family’s home comfort needs? Consider the following possibilities:
- If your house doesn’t have air ducts and it’s not practical to add them, you can enjoy the all the benefits of central air with a ductless system, one that can also replace your present furnace or boiler.
- If you already have central air but the system can reach every room in your home, a ductless system can prove to be the missing link.
- Or, let’s say you’re planning to build an addition to your home and your current AC system can’t provide the added cooling capacity. Once again, a ductless air system can work hand-in-hand with your other home comfort system to help bridge the gap.
Here’s what else you enjoy with a new ductless air system:
- Quiet operation since there are no potentially noisy air ducts needed to distribute the air.
- Installation costs are typically lower for a whole-house system comparted to installing a whole-house central AC system air ducts and all.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Remote control operation.
- If you’re thinking about purchasing a ductless system to replace window air conditioners, you’ll enjoy the added security ductless system provides – burglars cannot remove a ductless wall blower go gain indoor entry.
If you’re thinking about replacing your central AC system or adding central air for the first time, contact Eagle Service Company where we can help you explore the additional option of a ductless air system. It’s definitely worth a closer look.